Asparagus à la Flamande
- 160g salted Rochefort butter
- 5 Mechelen asparagus
- 4 eggs
- 2 sprigs parsley
- Ground salt and pepper
- Cut off the bottoms off the asparagus and peel them, starting 2 to 3 cm below the tips.
- Plunge them into a pot of boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs for 10 minutes in boiling water. Wait for them to cool down a bit, then remove the shells and crush them
- Check to see if the asparagus is cooked by pricking the tips with a knife. If the knife goes in easily, they are cooked. Drain them.
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Mix the chopped parsley with the crushed eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan until a foam forms and it turns a lovely nutty colour.
- Drain and arrange the asparagus. Cover them with the parsley and egg mixture and drizzle with melted butter.